Thursday, July 1, 2010

Welcome!

Here's my ill attempt at creating anything online. I'm avoiding Facebook, and here's my alternative...

As you may know, we are expecting another baby boy soon (EDD 8/14/10) and he has been diagnosed with a complete AV canal heart defect and Down syndrome. I am still hesitant doing any of this online stuff but realize it might be the easiest way to post updates. My current goal is to also provide some education to you about what Ds is. I think the neatest way to learn will be through this experience we're about to have - what better way to learn than through experience! We are feeling hopeful and positive (yes a bit scared/worried.. not necessarily disappointed or sad, though) about what's to come for our family. Here's a picture from last November, much change is to come!

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys! I'm also glad you are going to keep us updated! I will keep you guys in our prayers, so that you are able to stay strong and positive, and so that your little guy comes out strong and ready for the challenges before him. He is definately lucky to have you for his mom, and two big brothers to help! Joe too, of course :) Thanks for setting this up for those of us who may not hear how things are going for you! Congrats on your litte boy to come! Soon you will be like me, in the three boy club! Love to you all!
    Love, Carri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind and supportive words, Carri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I love that you're happy for us! Boy, please do not feel bad for us, otherwise it's as though we feel bad, and we don't! Don't get me wrong, it was tough in the beginning, but it is becoming a "so what, the health issues are THE issue!" We want healthy children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! I can't wait to see you again. I have something for you... Hope all is well. I will call soon!

    ReplyDelete