Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Perfect 10

I had another doctor appointment yesterday morning. I went in feeling stressed about what would happen if Baby did not score an 8 or 10 (to find out what this means, see previous post dated the 13th). He scored a 10! I know he is a 10, but as I've mentioned, it is important to me that it be reflected. I also find it important that my own health count for something, and it did! I was not scheduled to see the doctor for an OB check up, but since I am over 36 weeks, I should have been. The nurse said she'd run everything by the doctor and if she felt she needed to see me, well, then she would. The nurse came back in and said that since we're doing so good, the doctor did not feel the need to see us. It was then that I realized I am not a true candidate for having my care transfered to this group of perinatologists and I think they know that. However, since the baby has the heart defect, I suppose they feel liable for providing more care. Some women are unfortunate enough to be subjected to multiple biophysical exams each week. I'm grateful just to be getting to the end of this.

I sat with Joe to watch a movie over this past weekend. I was telling him that Baby is definately growing because when he stretches, it is quite uncomfortable. I was running back and forth between the couch and the bathroom. Geez, I didn't think I drank that much water! I learned yesterday that it was not him stretching, it was contractions! I was having that happen a bunch when I was on the monitors and it was recording contractions. The nurse confirmed. I do not remember that happening with Evan and Nolan weeks before birth (but then again, I did not know what was happening). It is a sign that I'm not only getting ready for labor, but that some major pain is right around the corner.

I was thinking about this at the convinient time of 3:45am. I realize I am dreading it more this time around. I know the pain that is coming where as with Evan I had no clue, Nolan I thought I'd superwoman my way through what I knew was coming, and this time I just know what is coming and it is not a fun time. Well, our sweet baby is coming soon and I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. I heard the good news! Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures and hear about the birth! Hope you are doing well, and baby:)

    ReplyDelete