Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sweet Baby Calvin

During our nightly prayer of "Now I Lay Me Down to Rest" followed by "God bless...", Evan would end with "and sweet Baby Calvin that's in mommy's tummy". God has blessed him, indeed. He is doing really well. God has blessed all of us.
Grandma Linda and Grandpa Ray showed up in time for my time to try nursing. Since the nurse was going to take Calvin out of the warming unit (not sure what it is called - too tired to pay attention), they both got to hold him for a minute. This is a sign of how well he's doing.

He is sucking his thumb! Nursing went well for about a minute - improvement since this morning!
Thank you for the flowers Mike and Sarah! The nurse liked them. They make my room colorful.
Grandma Jo Jo and Grandpa Wayne took Evan shopping at the hospital gift shop. Evan picked this ceramic bird out for me. Grandma reported he said something similar to "I love Mom". It was a highlight to see him. I miss Nolan, too!





3 comments:

  1. So beautiful-- post more pics!! I'm so glad he's here and doing well. I hope nursing and everything improves each time you attempt. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is so cute!! I can't believe he is here. I can't wait for you to come home. Im so happy for you. Im grateful to God that everyone's prayer where heard for this little guy and that he is doing so well. Makes me want to cry. love you guys

    Erin

    alright! the bumblebeebumpercar is Alex's blog account for her english class. I can't change it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! He's adorable and I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing good. Positive thoughts and prayers are coming your way for continued health. Can't wait to see more pictures and getting to meet the little guy.

    ReplyDelete