Thursday, September 30, 2010

Super Sun

I mentioned something about not liking waking up in the middle of the night as part of having a newborn, and there is something else that is hard on me as well: not getting outside as much. I love being outside! I don't know if I always have, but I have many memories of playing Hide and Seek, TV Tag, House, riding bike, etc. (a perfect advantage of having 6 close siblings). Being outside is energizing and healthy.

Having a newborn makes it difficult to get out because if I'm not feeding him, pumping, washing dishes, or one of the other million things that need to get done, THEN we can get outside (I know, I need to prioritize). I try to get the kids out as much as possible. And, there is no excuse good enough this week, when these are the final days of September and it's sunny and in the 70's! Awesome!

We got out plenty yesterday and I sought out the color that is remaining. Evan picked "gorges" or better known as gourds, for roughly 3 hours. He loves doing that and we have a whole wheel barrel full of them that will probably become compost if people do not start taking them! Either way, they have served a purposeful function. Well, I'm almost done pumping and we're heading out to meet the sun! Here are some pictures from the past few days:

There is a magnetic force that pulls Nolan to Calvin, making it extremely difficult to leave Calvin's side during the daytime!



Even the moon cannot resist being a part of these beautiful days!
"Gorges"

Habanero anyone? We have a few more than we'll every use!



No comments:

Post a Comment