Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Adoption

I have never wanted to adopt a child. Some people walk around high school saying they will adopt someday. I was never one of those people. I was never one who wanted to sign up for having a child with Down syndrome, either. It intimidates me, it all does. So many "what ifs" and "is this enough?". Calvin has brought me more awareness in a world that I never knew existed. I did not want to know it existed. It is like the information on food in that book. I do not want to know what is in the chicken I ate yesterday. That is just plain naive and it is for Jesus that we need to open our hearts, minds, eyes, and ears. We need to do for Him as He does for us. We need to love one another and not judge. I could never be that way, but I want to try.

Can you imagine this? I couldn't, but it does exist and it is beyond sad. Oh how Jesus' heart must ache. I do not know what to do. For now I am sharing that.

2 comments:

  1. I know, I've never wanted to adopt, but it is tempting if it allows one child to avoid a life like that.

    ReplyDelete