Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ice Cream treats

I ran to the grocery store tonight to pick up some goods before Joe left town and the weekend crept in. I went alone and it was a good thing. I have not gotten much of a break from the kids, mostly Nolan and his teething crankiness and lack of naps. You'd think he'd nap considering all this extra outside time and our little morning outing...swimming! I'll get to that in a second, but first, back to the shopping.

I worked my way through Family Fresh (which is nice instead of the Super Walmart I usually go to for a one-stop-shop). It is where Joe and I used to do the majority of our shopping, back in the day, prior to kids. Super Wally opened right before I had Evan. I remember walking through it and calling Joe to tell or ask him something and he thought maybe I was in labor with Evan. Again, I digress.

Well, I rounded the corner of the frozen section, after picking out an ice cream treat for the evenings while Joe is gone (I picked out the 14oz Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and a Mint, mmmmm). And what to my wandering eyes should appear? ... the infamous frozen snowman and santa ice cream treats, my dear (like my 'twas the night before... reference?). You know those I'm sure. They are sometimes mint flavored and they are in a box. Well, that took me right back to the pre-children days and shopping with Joe. We bought those things even as far back as the college days. Joe and I have been together a long time, 15 years. We used to do a lot of grocery shopping together and when I saw those, I missed it. I missed those days when we were more connected than we are now. We do okay, but it is very difficult with 3 young children.

I love having those feelings and memories come to the surface. I came home with that "old" feeling and I miss that. I miss him. He left around 7:30 and for the first time in a long time, I missed him when he left. I wish that would never fade. I guess I'll have to hang out in the frozen section when I need a boost.

So, as you can tell from the pictures, we went swimming this morning. It was really hot in there and the camera was all foggy. Joe took the morning off and came up with the idea. We need the extra time together before next week's mayhem. Well, maybe it was just practice for the Dells...





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I'll be fine...lol.

    You, on the other hand, have some excitement coming up. I read that your little guy is having surgery next week. It's tough...I'm not going to lie. (Seriously puts my whole Lily-going-to-school thing back into perspective) Calvin will amaze you! Our kids are so tough...way tougher than this cry-baby mama.

    Lily had her OHS on a Monday morning and we went home on Saturday. I was amazed...she had a complete AVSD repaired and was home in a little over 5 days!

    Don't sweat the small stuff these next couple of days. Just love on your little boy. If you have any questions, please leave me a note on my blog and I'll help in any way I can. Know that Calvin has been added to my prayer list...you too.

    ReplyDelete