Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tomorrow is the big day!

Tomorrow is the big day for you Calvin! I wish you didn't have to go through this. It was hard enough watching your arms be poked on Friday for your pre-op. It makes me feel like a failure. You do not deserve this. However, I am sure that it is not a coincidence that your blood type is B+. It is going to be better real soon. My prayer for you is that you can feel like you should and be off these meds, breath easier, eat more efficiently (nurse and you'll get lots more snuggle time!), and start holding yourself up stronger. You are awesome and Dr. Sutton said you are in the category of kids he expects to do well. I was happy when he said that. I expect that too because you really have done well! You have been eating good but have slowed down now. I'm guessing you won't feel much like eating this week but I'm excited to see if that changes. I think you'll have a swallow study before we leave the hospital. There are lactation consultants there too and they will help you, so let them! I will do EVERYTHING I can for you! Your dad and I will be there as much as we can. We will have to come home and see Evan and Nolan too but it will be very strange not having you there. I'm curious what Nolan will think. He's your buddy you know? Evan is your big brother who will carry you through tall weeds (like he did for Nolan this summer) and Nolan is your big brother who will tell you to try things that I wouldn't want you to! I am proud and grateful that God chose me to be your mom. You know, only 1 in 900 mom's get to have this experience. I feel blessed! Well, I will be saying lots of prayers for a quick and FULL recovery! I love you Sweet Baby Calvin! xoxoxo Mom

3 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for your little guy! My son was 10 pounds even when he had his surgery at 11 weeks old. As soon as he was out of surgery and was able to eat- I think the same day, he chugged down more than he ever had! It was so nice to see him not get tired and have to stop. Now he's almost 18 months and doing great! It's so hard handing them over but they need this and once it's over, you won't look back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying today, that God will guide the surgeon's hands, that there will be no complications, and that Calvin will recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOur family will be in my thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete