Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Great Great Auntie Ruby

My mom, the 3 boys, and I went to visit Auntie Ruby last Wednesday. Ruby is my maternal grandmother's sister. If you've ever had the pleasure of knowing Ruby, you know she is full of spunk and personality. That has not changed. She used to like her Brandy and water and boys! :) She has slowed down a bit, but just a bit!

When I was a young girl, I'd stay at Ruby's place with my sister Katie. We'd swing on her front porch, walk with her around town, bake, cross-stitch, play with her toys, and many other special things.

When I walked in on Wednesday, I told her I brought enough clothes for the boys to last the week until I returned to pick them up! She was very willing! She had cookies and muffins for us and stuffed animals for the boys. She had a giraffe (Evan's favorite animal and also a favorite of Ruby's - their connection), some puppies (Nolan liked those), and a few tigers (one for each boy which Evan rationed out from biggest to smallest to the corresponding sized boy).
We love our Auntie Ruby!

1 comment:

  1. We have an "aunt Ruby" too. So glad everyone had a good time.

    ReplyDelete