Monday, December 13, 2010

It's true, it's sad, it's hurtful, it's full of pain...

Beliefs such as these are commonly held about people like my child, Calvin:

"Sadly there is nothing we can do with these people in my country. (Russia). I mean….sad to say they cannot take care of themselves or contribute to society. So…it is all we can do. Maybe the conditions should be better, but many of them are violent and mentally unstable. So we have no other choice. Sorry :( It is sad…but one day I hope they will all find peace with God.” ~Katya

The first time I brought Calvin to the dentist I brought him into a room and tried nursing him. He was one month old. He did not nurse. However, I looked at him and told him that he has to do this. He has to show people that he can do it. [side note: from the time I was pregnant and found out about Cal's diagnosis and the possibility that he might not nurse, I kept saying "even if he doesn't nurse until he is 4 months old...". I find it extremely awesome that he started nursing on exactly the day he turned 4 months old (technically he turned 4 months at 11pm and the next morning he was no longer on a bottle)].

He, we, you, have the ability to make big changes!

Words cannot be spoken about such things as Katya's remark, because it would be endless (for me). However, I would like to ask this commenter (on a fellow mom's blog - A Perfect Lily, to right) who exactly needs to find peace with God? Who wouldn't be mentally unstable if their parents abandoned them at birth to a life of being tied up to a bed? You bet I would be mentally unstable, to say the least.

Patti, Lily's mom, is hosting a fundraiser for a child, Olga, who is up for adoption and will be placed in an institution in January. I have not written much about this process, but I will. Why? Their names are God and Calvin. "Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act." Prov. 24:12

I will do everything I can for HIM! Sure, it's a process, and it has not been the easiest. I am blessed. Calvin is healthy! He has not even as much as had a cold and now that his heart is fixed, I cannot look at him and think of one reason I would need a doctor in his life at the moment. Thank you God! Thank you supporters for your thoughts and PRAYERS!

Please pray for Katya that her heart to be softened to the sweetness and value of children with disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment