Sunday, January 2, 2011

procrastination

I am getting worse as I get older. I have to take my tree down, put away the Christmas village, print off pics for those picture ornaments (have to make Calvin's), make picture books, work on Calvin's baby calendar, work on my school counselor license portfolio - goals, figure out all the scheduled appointments for the next 2 weeks, clean up random piles, oh, and there's more. I just don't want to do any of it! I'd rather read blog posts and my books. Oh, I have to fold laundry, put away some clean dishes, check my checking account so I can pay bills, make sure I have childcare for next Monday (I'm going to a grant writing workshop so we can write for another state AODA grant), and, again, there is more. All this, and Joe's gone. He'll be back in a couple of days. He will also be gone a few days next week. Baltimore now, west coast then. I figure if I can make sure I have the to-do's on the calendar so I show up when and where I need to, make sure I have money in my account (always tricky to add money when you don't make any...the real reason I avoid that one), and feed the kids and make sure they have what they need, then I'm good. The rest can wait.

I know I'm not alone. I wish I didn't need and love sleep...

1 comment:

  1. i'm feeling about the same amount of overwhelmed right now. let me know if you find a cure for the sleep problem. (-:

    ReplyDelete