Friday, March 4, 2011

Boring writers block

I have had major writers-block these days. There's so much going on I have not been able to put it in words.

However, I do want to share how much fun Calvin is becoming. You may know his Auntie Doopie and Uncle Chris. Well, those two had him giggling and flapping his arms around like it's an everyday occurrence, which it's not.

It occurred to me that Calvin WANTS more interaction. He was having fun and liked being rough-housed a bit. It seems as though many of us (including me) are more gentle with him, like he might break.

I'm not sure if that is because of the heart issues he had or because of having Down syndrome. For me it's both. Oh, and that he's a whole 12 lbs, 10 oz now. He's so little that he seems like a baby. Okay, he is a baby, but not a newborn!

I am just enjoying Calvin and I'm enjoying everyone else's enjoyment of him as well. Oh JOY! God knew exactly what He was doing by giving us all this experience.
--------

3 comments:

  1. This is how I feel too. I just have nothing in me to blog anymore..lol. Maybe it will come back. I tend to be too careful with Max too because of his heart, but I know this is crazy thinking. It is a good thing his sister could care less abotu being gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my only secret is to take a lot of photo's each and every day! I can't say that I write much on my blog besides captions. I tend to mix my thoughts in once in a while to mix things up. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This journey you are on with Calvin may feel like such a roller coaster. That is the best way to describe how I have felt at times. Most days I had no words to describe what was going on. There were days in that first year when I felt for sure that this was a great ride and loved every minute...then I had my days were I thought I would never make it back up to the top. If you only knew how far I have come since Kristen's birth...give yourself time. The words will come...I promise.

    ReplyDelete