Tuesday, April 26, 2011

9 months old

Where does the time go?!

Calvin weighs 13 pounds and 7 ounces and is about 25 inches long. So, if you have been keeping track: He is sloooow to grow. He wore a 0-3 month sized outfit today!

I am convinced that this is the way it should be with every baby. My sister has asked me a couple of times, "Why do they have to get bigger?" (Adam is 1 week today). I feel blessed to have a baby longer. Of course there are some frustrations now and then, but overall I have really been embracing Down syndrome. It is perfect because Calvin is exactly who he was meant to be. Tiny, sweet, cute, and well, see for yourself:
<span class=<span class=<span class=<span class=<span class=<span class=
Hey there Easter Bunny! Yes, I am nosy and my mom loves that I insist on checking out what's happening around me! By the way, why didn't I get any candy for Easter? Hmm?
<span class=<span class=
Hey there Cous! You know that's made out of plastic, right? I prefer more flavor.
<span class=<span class=<span class=
See Mom, I am looking older even if I am still a tiny tot.
<span class=<span class=<span class=
So big!
<span class=<span class=

8 comments:

  1. Yes! Tiny, sweet and cute is right! and just right too :) I couldn't agree more, I love my long-lasting baby. I also love that Calvin is only 13 1/2 pounds...makes me feel better about Reagan not yet breaking 10. He is sitting so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute!!! I love his little chubby cheeks! Don't feel bad, Lily is only 14 lbs. 7 oz at 15 months, and wears 3-6 months clothes. I love that she gets to wear everything for a lot longer:) I agree- I love how our babies get to stay babies for longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is extremely adorable! The pictures are great! Yes, small for age seems to be the norm for us. The only thing that is just annoying now is people telling me how small she is! Kristen is barely into 3T and is four now....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love him!! And yes teeny tiny tots are just easier to snuggle longer. M is a peanut & sean is a monster. :) She was much easier to snuggle & carry around.

    Love his smile & kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. he is so stinkin' cute! He looks the perfect size to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so adorable! And you are right, he is exactly who he is meant to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo cute! I've been thinking about that a lot lately too- how people always make comments about wishing their LO's didn't grow up so fast- I think this pace is just right. :) Ok, it may still be a little too fast! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Calvin is such a cutie! I can't believe how fast he's growing up. He looks like such a big boy in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete