Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dear Dad

Photobucket
Dear Dad,
If Mom had her self together, there would be pictures of you and us boys to go along with this post (she's responsible for the presentation). But, she doesn't. Yeah, you know how she always says she is soooo busy? Well, I don't think she is. I always want attention and she just gives me and my brothers excuses. She usually says she is busy cleaning up after us.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Anyways, what's up with this I hear about you being in Canada fishing? And, you say you caught a fish that was too big to keep? Too big? I hear of too small, but not too big. Are you sure you have that right?
Photobucket
I cannot wait until I can go fishing with you and the guys. I know you and Mom wondered if I'd go fishing when you got my diagnosis. I will.

I will help you in your garden, too. And, run around the track and wrestle with you. I'll play catch and hit the ball. I'll do everything you want to do with me. I'll even eat Gummies with you.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Thanks for taking such good care of us and for playing with us. I am glad you always pick me up when I am crying and mom is ignoring me - again, saying she is busy. I like that you tickle me and call me "Skeeter". Then, you thought it should be "Scooter" when I started to move a bit. Whatever. This family has a thing about never calling anyone by their name.PhotobucketPhotobucket
Speaking of, I hear you named me. Calvin. Interesting. I like Calvie, too. Mostly when Nolan says it. I do like it when Evan says it too, but Nolan is usually saying it with and infliction of trouble.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I digress. I look forward to your return as I'm sure I'll need you to rescue me from this crazy place. Hopefully I can sleep in your bed until you get back though...

I love you. Happy Father's Day,
Calvin John

7 comments:

  1. What a cute post...the pictures are once again amazing! There is something so special when you sit back and watch a child with their father. There are definitely going to be some special fishing trips in this family! :) Oh, and we love nicknames here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so heart touching. Once again Grama reads on with tear filled eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, calvarito. nice F-Day's gift from my little skeeter (scooter). Hard to believe his blogging skills have evolved so quickly. :) Love the pic of Ev and tiller engaging in a rugger's ruck. Them boys gonna score a try or two 'fore long. Sitting on at the dock with wifi figgerin all three of those rugrats will be handing me a beer and talking about tomorrow's fishing plans before long...

    ReplyDelete