Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gardenview: By Evan

Thursday evening was a perfect time to weed the corn.  Evan and Nolan were in bed and Calvin came out and played on the blanket for nearly 45 minutes.  He was content pulling weeds and watching Dad sing.  I would look over at him and he was smiling as Joe provided the entertainment for all of us.  Unfortunately my camera battery was drained.  I could not get the other one to cooperate more than these first two photos, but they are cute nonetheless.  PhotobucketPhotobucket
The next evening we all went out to finish up the sweet-corn.  There are too many weeds here!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Evan was tired.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I told Evan I'd pay him $10 to weed the whole row or $5 to weed half and he could put it in his "Africa Fund".  He didn't want to but he offered to go in and wash dishes.  I'll be darned, he went in and was doing work and came out with a water bottle.  He asked us if we were thirsty and when I took a drink he said "I didn't even fill it up with the pool water!  I used the bathroom water!" I am laughing as I type this.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Evan has been interested in running around with my too-expensive-for-a-five-year-old camera.  So, I throw the strap over his head, set it in 'auto' and give some clear instructions to "BE CAREFUL!"  Ha, what does that mean to a kid when they hear it hundreds of times?

With a couple of exceptions, here are Evan's views of our garden:
PhotobucketPhotobucket
His favorite: broccoli, a first in our garden
Photobucket
Trucks here and there.  I think that is watermelon? I am not sure.
Photobucket
Evan wanted me to know he took a picture of the green tomatoes.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Evan took that one of Meowy, then I took one of him with Meowy.  That cat likes to join us in the garden, which is a bit of an incentive for me :)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I took over the camera for these last two:
PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing photos taken by kids. So fun. And your garden looks amazing. We only have a few small beds, which aren't doing well so far in the Pacific NW this summer. Love that last pic of Cal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha I have a series of pics that tilly took! the last one is of ith being dropped down the stairs! it took me weeks to unjam the lens! i had no idea what had happenned Ididnt even know she had it!) until i reviewed the evidence including self portrait that gave the game away! lolxxx your pics are adorable as are your family x

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I didn't even fill it up with the pool water! I used the bathroom water!" --what a trip! Evan has a pretty good eye for photography. The kitty photo is excellent :) Beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I am catching up on your blog and reading backwards. IF I would have read this before the last post I would have known that impressive garden does belong to you. Its great! I loved the picture of your littlest guy on the blanket. He has the most amazing and biggest, bluest eyes ever! Heart stoppers!

    ReplyDelete