Friday, July 15, 2011

I am so excited! (Breast-milk donation story)

This gives me goosebumps!

I am a school counselor.  I have been on maternity leave this past year and will be going back next month.

Therefore, I am getting in the swing of things and checked my email yesterday.  I had a 2-week-old message from our home-school liaison.  She was asking for financial support for a young couple who was considering adoption for their soon-to-be (any day) born baby.  The support would be used for gas for them to visit the baby while they made the transition.  The young couple was not 100% sure what they wanted to do yet - as you can imagine.

The home-school liaison has become a friend of mine over the years we have worked together and I was sorry I checked my email so late.

I hopped over to facebook before shutting the computer and was greeted with a feed from a friend on there.  Pam.  She was excitedly announcing they were adopting a baby boy who was born to a young couple on July 1st.

The 2 couples live in the same town. And yes, they are connected (I don't think I am giving away any identifying information since I don't know the young couple, but it is obvious Pam has a new child - so I think this is okay to share here).

I called my mother-in-law, Jo Jo, to ask if she had heard the exciting news of Pam.  I know Pam through Jo Jo.

As I was talking to Jo Jo, I shared I was going to called the local adoption agency to inquire about donating our freezer-full of breast-milk (since Calvin is not having dairy anymore, and there is sooooo much).

I got the idea from an OB nurse I stopped to talk to on Tuesday after bringing Calvin in for his 12 month check-up.  I had forgotten about this adoption agency.

In the middle of my talking, it dawns on me that maybe Pam would like the milk!  After a few phone calls and time to think it over, it is a go!  We will be delivering breast-milk tonight!  It was all meant to be - what I call "A God Thing"!

9 comments:

  1. That is so exciting, Ilisa! And I'm so happy for that baby and new adoptive mom! What a blessing for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when things work out so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic! What a great story and a wonderful gift you are giving that baby!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing. And Calvin is a little peanut at 14.5 pounds!! Happy early birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you were able to help in such a fantastic way and that the young couple was able to give the greatest gift of all to another family. I will keep everyone involved in my thoughts for a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great story! God is so good, and stories like this confirm how He helps put in place all the pieces to make such wonderful things happen! I am so glad you were able to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible gift! This is such a heart-warming serendipitous happening.

    ReplyDelete