Tuesday, August 2, 2011

South Dakota: Dinosaurs

We went as far as the Black Hills for our short family vacation.  We left on Sunday, the 24th, at 7am and arrived in Wall, SD around 3:30 their time.  The boys travel very well.

I told Evan he could bring whatever he wanted, as long as if fit in his backpack.  That huge tiger fit in there, along with his blanket and a few other toys.

Nolan was content just sucking on his finger...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
When I said boys, I meant Evan and Nolan.  Calvin was not too thrilled.  Don't let that picture fool you.  There is a reason I captured it.
Photobucket
We watched an iMovie of Calvin's first year :)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Onions anyone?  Evan eats them just like that.  Nolan does but then runs around saying "too hot!"
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
So exciting!!!  (Can you sense my sarcasm?  I like a dinosaur, but for me, once you've seen one fake one, you've seen them all.  However, I am happy to have all the boys happy.  Side Note: the bottom pictures are not at this Dinosaur Park and are real bones...actually an impressive collection there, according to Joe anyways - I wouldn't know because I don't much care, as much as I try.)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ready, set, go!  Beat ya bro! (from Wild Kratts)PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Look, blood!  Cool!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Oh boy!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
This concludes part 1.  Joe could have stayed there reading all the information.  He honestly enjoys it.  I felt content running around after the boys and bringing Nolan to the bathroom after he wet himself...to be continued

5 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome trip! Glad 2 of 3 traveled well for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! It is always an adventure traveling with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love SD! we just went to Rapid a month ago! great times and cheesy memories! Wall is a great place so kid friendly and fun! love the pix! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun...we just returned today too from a trip as well. Trips with kids are always an adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a boys dream vacation!

    ReplyDelete