Monday, September 26, 2011

Holy Buckets!

PhotobucketA
There simply is not enough time in the day. 
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Work has summed the majority of my very being. I stress and stress about it and then get to work and find it hard to focus.

I was not like this before 3 kids.

I know I will get there - wherever that is and whatever that means!

I pump, too, which keeps me grounded and focused on my kids.
Photobucket
That is all the milk I stored after a week at work (meaning Calvin ate what he could and that is leftovers). I took a picture because of the pressure I can get about Calvin being small.

ANSWER: YES, MY SUPPLY IS GOOD!
Photobucket
And so is that cool 3 year old!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Random moments: 
My boys love books and my husband is so good about reading to them.  Also, it used to be light out during story time :(  Bye bye summer.

Evan is starting to want to know what everything says and how to spell various words.

On the way to the walk yesterday (I'll get to in a second) he spelled red without being asked and went on to start sounding out blue and green. I cannot help but think about how different it may likely be with Calvin and even Nolan.

Oh, hey, wanna see the bear my brother-in-law shot just down the road?
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Lovely!

As far as this past week, besides the stress of Angel's funeral, the boys came down with very nasty colds. Calvin's eyes have been swollen, red, and full of gunk. Nolan and Calvin have had fevers, Nolan and Evan have thrown up from coughing or fevers and have had other stomach issues, and every one of them has been more needy.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Do not be fooled, this was after a warm bath to open the eyes that were glued shut - they are swollen in the previous picture AND that looked good compared to the past 2 days :(
Photobucket
So, all 3 boys were/are ill enough to stay home today, which meant I did as well. I took advantage of it and washed a lot of clothes, cleaned floors and did whatever I could to eliminate the germs. Joe is on duty tomorrow with the younger 2 and Evan will be back at school.

I have been staying on this side of the fine line that lies between just enough vitamin C to avoid getting sick and too much vitamin C to get a sick stomach.

Whatever cold this is has been the hardest on the kids since Evan and I had influenza in March of 2008. I was pregnant with Nolan. I have often wondered if that is why he is so tough - he lived through it. I have never been more ill.

Well, enough sick talk. We did get out and do the 2011 Buddy Walk - MN Association of Ds calls ours Step Up for Down syndrome.  The weather was great and so was the company!Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Last year I was very emotional. I remember looking around for all the kids with Ds. I wanted to know what it was like but I couldn't grasp it.
Photobucket
(Nolan was out of sorts and needed to be carried the majority of the time)
Photobucket
I was still mothering a child with a major heart defect, thrush, eye infections (plugged tear ducts AND thrush were the culprits), and a boy who did not nurse. It was very tough. This year was very different.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
When I saw people with Ds yesterday, I did not have an emotional reaction. One boy, probably a teenager, said 'hi' to me. I say teenager because he was strutting his stuff! He probably caught the eye of a few of the ladies there. Full of confidence was he!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
(I like Calvin's tongue sticking out at Aunt Doopie!)

I felt as though life is normal and good (of course healthy kids would have been a plus).
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
How sweet is that boy?!!  Thank you, God, for your blessing of Calvin!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Thanks Aunts Katie, Chrissy, and Doopie, Grandmas JoJo and Linda, and friends Amanda, Peggy, and Abby! Your support is appreciated and does not go unnoticed or go by without a prayer of thanks.

Praying for a healthier week ahead!

6 comments:

  1. Love your family pics! :) Super cute. Glad you were able to go do the walk after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, hope the boys are feeling better. The family photos are great and so glad you had wonderful weather for the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun filled post..except those stubborn colds! Our buddy walk is coming up this weekend. Looks like you had a great day! Great pictures as always. Okay, that bear was just up the road from you! Oh my...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for such a strong milk supply! Nice work!! Great pictures, love the family pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, bummed we missed you. I should have known we needed a PLAN to meet. Kinda hard with that many people to just run into one another! Hoping your boys feel better soon (we are struggling with lots of illness in our house too!).

    ReplyDelete