Sunday, September 18, 2011

Life's Angels

Photobucket
My cousin Angel died in a 4-wheeler accident last night.  She hit a deer.  Just like that and life can end.  I will miss her.  Many people will.  I am so grateful to have seen her a few times this year.  She was so busy and had 5 children and a husband and many other people who will feel the impact of her death.  I find the most comfort knowing how deep her faith was.  She is in the right place.  The only guarantee we have is that place if we choose to believe...

A few days after finding out Calvin's diagnosis I went to her home for her daughter's graduation party.  Angel hugged me and told me things will be okay.  I knew I could count on her support.

She was right.

I am content.  This is who I was meant to be.  Angel lived the life she was meant to.  She loved God and she is with Him.

I will post pictures very soon, for a more upbeat post.

10 comments:

  1. So very sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family'

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing that she knew the Lord and you will one day see her again. She is Home! :) But such heartache to not have her here. HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying for your entire family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ilisa, what a beautiful post in honor of Angel. I know that while you are content she is with the Lord, I also know that losing a close friend & relative is difficult. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. {{[HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending much love your way. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you and your family in this time of loss. May God give you the comfort and strength you need.

    ReplyDelete