Saturday, April 14, 2012

goals and such

We reviewed Cal's IFSP on Wednesday morning.  He met some goals but many were not met.  This did not get me down though.  And, since then, he has started crawling some up on his hands and feet and hands and knees.  He has also started sucking out of the straw/honey bear cup.  I suppose that is most of it, but I am okay with that.  Really, I think I am realizing he will get there on his own time.  Not mine or anyone elses.  I am happy that he is making consistent progress!  Oh, and he slept from 9-6 last night!  I could get used to that!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, their own pace...not ours. We want to control so much but God is teaching us so graciously it is His plan. :)

    Yeah for straw cups, crawling, and sleeping though!!! The sleeping thing is good, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you not letting anything get you down and realizing that he will indeed get where he needs to be all on his own time...You're a good Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. IFSP reviews are always a temptation to be discouraged. I know it's always a fight for me to see God's timing as perfect and be encouraged by the progress that is made rather than discouraged by the goals that are not met. That is wonderful news, though, that Calvin's drinking out of the honey bear cup! That's hard work. And I hope he keeps up the good sleeping for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleeping 9-6 - I'm so jealous:) We just had a play date with a little girl with Ds 2 weeks older than Ben. She could drink from the straw cup, is signing, and moves fast. Ben can't do those things yet and I'm not at all sad about it. Like you, I'm happy with progress!

    ReplyDelete